When it comes to piston rings, quality goes beyond what you see. We take every step possible to assure our product is manufactured in the best way possible and we have the awards and certifications to prove it.
As a TS 16949 certified company, we have integrated quality into our everyday process. Whether through SPC, Poka-yoke, or automated in-process inspection, we are utilizing the latest vision and laser technology to guarantee our products meet customer specifications, every time. Our commitment to quality has resulted in the development of measurement systems, like the Hastings tangential tension tester, that has become the industry standard.
- Our quality management system, in-house laboratory, and aftermarket product have been certified to INMETRO Regulation #301 (Brazilian National Institute of Metrology, Quality, and Technology.)
- Hastings utilizes APQP and Stage Gate processes for product launch to assure our product satisfies the end user, but also meets our internal product quality requirements and exceeds our customers' expectations the first time and every time.
- Six Sigma and Lean thinking are deployed throughout the work force to promote the reduction in waste and empower our team. Hastings measures quality by conformance to customer specifications. Our production processes are monitored continuously to provide real-time feedback to assure issues do not re-occur.
Relentlessly Pursuing Excellence
- Continuous Improvement (QECI)
- Deployed Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Programs
- Hastings’ Quality Management System (QMS) is certified for compliance with international quality and business process standards
- Hastings’ Environmental Management practices and system are certified for compliance with international standards